Role : Mechanical Engineer
Location : Ellicott City, Maryland
About the Job:
Evon Medics, LLC is a medical device and neuroscience research company that develops innovative devices, therapeutics and diagnostics set to disrupt the healthcare industry. We are leading the development of Disease Modifying Therapies (DMT) for Alzheimer’s Disease, Opioid Use Disorder, Traumatic Brain Injury, Chronic Pain, and other neurological diseases that have remained elusive to treatment. Our breakthrough therapeutic products have the potential to reap first-to-market benefits for a DMT in the markets we compete, and we are laser-focused on the commercialization and distribution of our products to help alleviate the sufferings of billions of patients all over the world.
Evon Medics, LLC is actively seeking a Mechanical Engineer (Mechanical Design) to join our innovative organization. The ideal candidate will own all device design related activities and ensure successful end-to-end mechanical design processes for all Evon Medics’ products and pipeline. We need self-driven individuals with the ability to create and/or modify component and assembly models and drawings using SolidWorks. This role is both strategic and facilitative, requiring a forward-thinking individual with strong interpersonal skills, scientific acuity, analytic skills, and the capability to adeptly shift between priorities.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for CAD modeling, drawing, and design work, engineering verification test support, and additional projects, tasks, and/or assignments as needed. The candidate will work heavily in 3D CAD design using SolidWorks and work with cross-functional teams to identify the needs and the goals of future products. The candidate will research new technologies, customer expectations, business requirements and regulations. The candidate may work with a variety of tools, including CAD and FEA to develop new product concepts. The candidate will utilize their technical education to design new products and drive them from concept to production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product and Industrial Designers on development of new electro-mechanical products
- Work with rapid prototype supplier/partners to iterate on design concepts for new products
- Create 3D and supporting 2D documentation for new product development
- Create and execute Design of Experiments to support new product development
- Collaborate with Tooling Engineers and Suppliers in the design, manufacturing, and qualification of design tooling
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in the selection of materials to meet performance, dimensional and cosmetic requirements for new products
- Working knowledge in material properties, such as plastics, metal, adhesive, glass, etc.
- Experience with 3D CAD design software (SolidWorks)
- Understanding of the fundamentals of Consumer Electronics product design
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) principles
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
Required Skills and Experience:
- Currently pursuing or completed a master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field.
- Relevant research experience, educational, or personal project experience with product design, or experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools (e.g., SolidWorks, Creo, etc.) and mechanical simulation tools.
- Experience with SolidWorks with proficiency in CAD, tolerance analysis, and structural finite element analysis.
- Familiarity with mechanical design of plastic and metal components, flow-dynamics/characteristics of pneumatic assemblies, printed circuit boards (PCB) and flexible printed circuits (FPC), and multi-layered electromechanical consumer electronics.
- Familiarity with electromechanical assemblies, manufacturing techniques, fabrication techniques, and rapid prototyping.
- Familiarity with design simulation tools (stress/strain FEA, thermal)
- Interested in design and development of handheld and/or wearable electronics for high volume manufacturing
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Knowledge of embedded design is a plus
Salary Range is $70k – $90k per annum depending on experience.
If you believe you have a strong candidacy for this role, kindly send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Mechanical Engineer”. Also indicate your earliest start date, if considered for the role.
View the company website https://www.evonmedics.com and our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/evon-medics-llc for more information about Evon Medics.