Job Title: Neuropsychologist – Cognitive Psychologist
Details: Full-Time, On-Site
Location: Ellicott City, Maryland and Washington, DC
Evon Medics, LLC is a medical device and neuroscience research company that develops innovative devices and therapeutics set to disrupt the healthcare industry. We are leading the development of Disease Modifying Therapies (DMT) for Alzheimer’s Disease, Opioid Use Disorder, Traumatic Brain Injury, Chronic Pain, and other neurological diseases that have remained elusive to treatment. Our breakthrough products have the potential to reap first-to-market benefits for a DMT in the markets we compete, and we are laser-focused on the commercialization and distribution of our products to help alleviate the sufferings of billions of patients all over the world.
Evon Medics, LLC., in collaboration with Howard University, is actively seeking a Neuropsychologist/Cognitive psychologist. The ideal candidate will conduct experimental research on several NIH funded projects awarded to Evon Medics in collaboration with Howard University on adult and aging populations to advance understanding of brain-based conditions that impact cognitive, emotional, and behavioral functioning. The ideal candidate must also be able to conduct, analyze and interpret various psychological tests, including general cognitive test, neuropsychological tests and batteries, olfactory psychophysical tests, and neurophysiological test.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct experimental research on several NIH funded projects on adults and aging populations to advance understanding of brain-based conditions that impact cognitive, emotional, and behavioral functioning
- Assist in the design, execution, and evaluation of research projects
- Conduct, analyze and interpret various psychological tests, including general cognitive test, neuropsychological tests and batteries, olfactory psychophysical tests, and neurophysiological test
- Train and supervise research assistants, research associates, and laboratory technicians on performance of all psychological tests
- Lead the scientific implementation and daily operation of research studies, monitoring protocol compliance
- Develop research protocols and associated procedures to achieve specific research aims
- Conduct rigorous data analysis, integrating psychological data and multi-modal data
- Write-up research work for publication in scientific journals and meetings
- Assist in editing and writing of NIH grants, and IRB and IBC protocols for approval by medical school committees
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree or higher in Neuropsychology or Cognitive psychology required. Ph.D. preferred
- Excellent comprehension of psychological theories and practices, and scientific processes
- Knowledge and work experience in conducting psychology battery tests
- Advanced data management and analytics
- Excellent attention to detail
- Student mentality, strong listening, organizational, multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving, and observational skills
- Must be able to interact effectively with study participants from diverse backgrounds
- Self-motivated, innovative, and competitive attitude to work
- Travel – up to 10% regional
Other Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in psycho- or neurophysiological data acquisition with BIOPAC is an additional skill of interest. Capacity to learn this skill is also acceptable.
If you believe you have a strong candidacy for this role, kindly send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Neuropsychologist.” Also indicate your earliest start date, if considered for the role.
If you believe you have a strong candidacy for this role, kindly send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com with the subject line “Neuropsychologist.” Also indicate your earliest start date, if considered for the role.